Sunday 30 November 2014

Wholewheat Chocolate Yogurt Cake

My baby was unwell, hubby was out for work, and I was sleep deprived for two consecutive nights. You can imagine the stress and exhaustion I was in over the last few days. I really wished I could fly away to an undisclosed location or rub Alladin's lamp or do something which could bring me some joy and relief. Solution? Well, neither could I fly nor could I get hold of the genie but I did de-stress by baking this wonderfully simple and healthy chocolate beauty. Baking is therapeutic indeed and I can vouch for that. As for the cake, it was yum all the way and I enjoyed it to my heart's content without worrying much about the calories. 

Ingredients
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup wholewheat flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup yogurt (I used flavored ones as I had too many in stock)
2 tbsp extra light olive oil (you can use refined oil too)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
Handful of chocochips (optional)

Direction
Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree celsius and grease a medium bundt pan or your regular bakeware and keep aside. 
Sift the flour, cocoa, and baking powder and keep aside. 
Beat the eggs and sugar together till light and fluffy. Add the yogurt, oil, and vanila extract and beat further. 
Fold in the flour and mix in a single direction till no lumps remain and all the flour has been incorporated. Add the choco chips now if using and gently mix. 
Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and tap on the counter for a couple of times to release any air bubbles. 
Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. 
Remove from oven and cool in the pan for ten minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely before slicing and storing in air tight container. 




No comments:

Post a Comment