Tuesday 16 September 2014

Cucumber and Avocado Dip/Spread

I am not a veggie or a salad person and sadly my baby is also turning into one. While I would really like to see her gorge on fruits and veggies like other or most babies do, I cannot blame her for her choice. However, I do love buying fresh and beautiful veggies and then come home looking for recipes which I think will satiate my taste buds. Today's recipe is one such. My cucumber and avocado were nearing their end and I had to do something meaningful with them. Luckily, there were a few recent posts on Cucumber Dip on CAL and from the basic recipe that was posted there, I decided to add my own twist. It is yummy, it is healthy, and it is filling too. Enjoy this dip with some Indian vadas, tortilla chips, or anything that you like. 

Ingredients
1 avocado skinned and deseeded and chopped finely
1 cucumber deseeded and chopped
1 tbsp garlic chopped (add more if you like)
1 tbsp coriander chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 medium onion chopped finely (you msy skip if you do not enjoy raw onions)
1 tsp olive oil (optional, I skipped)
10-12 roasted peanuts, skin removed
Salt, red chilli flakes and pepper to taste

Direction
Put the cucumber, avocado, peanuts, coriander, and garlic in a blender and make a smooth paste. Add the lemon juice and salt and pepper and chilli flakes and pulse till smooth. The cucumber will be releasing a lot of water. You can strain the liquid and use it for making some fritters or likewise. I like my dip thick and chunky and so I strained the water completely. Now add the chopped onions and the olive oil, if using, and mix well. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator till further use. 


No comments:

Post a Comment