Wednesday 9 October 2013

Superlicious Brownie Almond Butter Cake

It has been a month since I started blogging and I am thoroughly enjoying it. What started off as a means of collecting tried and tested recipes, has now become an integral part of my daily routine. Ever since I became a Mommy, the only thing I thought about was my baby. Now that I am thinking something else apart from caring for my baby (who will be turning two very soon) is a refreshing change. Today, to celebrate my newly found passion as well as my month-long blogging, I have baked a yummy brownie butter cake and I feel quite proud to say that this is by far the best cake I have ever baked! Thank you all for supporting and liking my recipes. Stay tuned!

Ingredients

For the Brownie
5 oz dark chocolate
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup all purpose flour 

For the Butter Cake
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 cup all purpose flour
3 1/2 tbsp milk
Sliced almonds for the topping (optional)

Directions
Grease an aluminium foil and line it inside a baking loaf tin in such a way that it fits perfectly into the tin.
Preheat the oven to 175 degree Celsius.
In a bowl, melt the chocolate and the butter either in the microwave for 1 minute or on a low flame. Keep aside and let it cool for a while. Beat in the brown sugar and mix until a smooth paste is formed. Add the egg and beat again. Finally, fold in the flour and mix well scraping the sides. Transfer the brownie mix to the prepared baking dish and bake for 15 minutes at 180 degree Celsius. While inserting a toothpick you might see a few undone spots. Do not overcook. The brownie will be just perfect once it goes again into the oven with the butter cake mix.
While your brownie is in the oven, quickly prepare the butter cake mix. In a bowl, beat the butter (softened, not melted) and the sugar to a smooth paste. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in the flour and baking powder, alternating with milk, to make a smooth batter. Pour the butter cake batter over the hot brownie (very crucial and important) and smoothen the surface. Sprinkle some sliced almonds from the top to get a crunchy crust. Bake in the oven at 160 degree Celsius for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool. Your delicious brownie almond butter cake is ready to earn you compliments!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment