Saturday 26 October 2013

Kiddy Special- Egg Dosa

The last few weeks had been really hectic. My sister from India was visiting me during Durga Pooja and stayed with us with her family. As it happens with guests, there was a lot of shopping, sightseeing, and chatting happening in the household. Right after my sister left, my husband's touring started all over again and I was left with a fussy baby who was deeply upset with her cousins' departure. As such, I was so tired and stressed out I just didn't have any patience to try any new dish. However, being the mother of a picky or rather a moody eater, I could not stay away from cooking for too long. So here's a special kiddy dish which adults can enjoy as well. 

Ingredients
1/2 cup besan (chickpea flour)
1 cup water
3 eggs (for serving 7-8 dosas)
1 tsp salt
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 chilli, finely chopped (optional)
1-inch piece ginger grated
Coriander leaves, finely chopped
Oil

Directions
In a bowl, take the besan, salt, and water and mix well. Keep aside for half hour.
Add the eggs and whisk well. Next add the onions, ginger, coriander, and green chillies and mix well.
In an girdle or dosa tawa, add a little oil and add spoonfuls of a round laddle and spread like an omelette (the consistency should be like that of an omelette). Pour a little more oil on top and let it brown on one side. Then flip. Serve with chutney or ketchup of your choice. 
                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment